India is a country where a government job is one of the most secure and prestigious career options. Also, government jobs offer a range of benefits like job security, a fixed salary, allowances, and retirement benefits. However, cracking the Civil Services Examination (CSE) is not everyone’s cup of tea. Also, not everyone can become an IAS or IPS officer. So, if the CSE is not for you, don’t worry! There are plenty of other exams that can land you a government job in India. Read along to know about eight such exams that you can consider.
8 exams to get a government job
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Exam: The SSC exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. Also, there are various posts like Lower Division Clerk, Data Entry Operator, Junior Engineer, and more.
- Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Exam: The RRB exam is conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board. Ideally, the exam opens doors to various posts in the Indian Railways like Group D, Assistant Loco Pilot, and more.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Exam: The RBI exam by the Reserve Bank of India. This exam is for various posts like Assistant, Grade B Officer, and more.
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) Exam: The IBPS exam is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It opens government jobs for various posts like Probationary Officer, Clerk, and more.
- State Public Service Commission (SPSC) Exam: The SPSC exam by the State Public Service Commission opens doors to various government jobs. So, aspirants can apply for various posts like Deputy Collector, Police Officer, and more.
- Defence Services Exam: The Defence Services exam by the Union Public Service Commission is also a portal for government jobs. Aspirants can try for various posts in the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force.
- Intelligence Bureau (IB) Exam: The IB exam by the Ministry of Home Affairs is a prestigious exam for government jobs. Aspirants can try for various posts like Assistant Central Intelligence Officer, Security Assistant, and more.
- National Defence Academy (NDA) Exam: The NDA exam is by the Union Public Service Commission for admission to the National Defence Academy. Aspirants can get government jobs after the training of cadets for the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force.
These are just some of the exams that can help you land a government job in India. Also, the selection process for these exams usually involves a written exam. Consequently, there is a personal interview, and in some cases, a physical fitness test. So, if you are looking for a stable and secure career in the government sector, start preparing for these exams today! Additionally, trying the 8 exams mentioned can bring several benefits to job seekers in the government sector. These exams offer good job security, a good salary, a prestigious career, a work-life balance, and opportunities for growth. Also, government jobs offer social status and retirement benefits.