Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) conducts various competitive exams to recruit candidates for different posts in the state government. The APSC exam is a highly competitive exam. Therefore, it demands hard work and dedication to crack it. In this blog, we will discuss the APSC exam essentials, how to apply, what the exam demands, how many study hours are needed, which subjects to focus on, and the eligibility criteria. Read along to learn the APSC exam essentials.
APSC Exam Essentials: A Must-know
APSC exam essentials#1 Eligibility criteria for APSC exam
The eligibility criteria for the APSC exam are as follows:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- The age limit for the APSC exam varies according to the post. For most of the posts, the age limit is between 21 to 38 years.
APSC exam essentials#2 How to apply for the CSE exam?
The application process for the APSC exam is simple and can be done online.
- Visit the official website of APSC (apsc.nic.in)
- Click on the ‘Apply Online tab
- Register yourself by filling in the required details
- Log in using the credentials provided
- Fill in the application form carefully
- Upload the scanned copies of your photograph and signature
- Pay the application fee online
- Submit the application form
Once you have submitted the application form, take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
APSC exam essentials#3 What APSC exam demand?
The APSC exam is a highly competitive exam, and it demands hard work, dedication, and consistency to crack it. The exam consists of two stages – the preliminary exam and the main exam. The preliminary exam is an objective type exam, while the main exam is a subjective type exam.
The exam tests the candidate’s knowledge of various subjects such as general studies, optional subjects, Current affairs. The candidate must have a good understanding of the syllabus and should be able to apply the concepts in real-life situations.
APSC exam essentials#4 How many study hours are needed?
The number of study hours required for the APSC exam depends on the candidate’s level of preparation and understanding of the subjects. Generally, candidates need to devote at least 6 to 8 hours of study time daily for six months to one year to prepare well for the exam.
APSC exam essentials#5 Which subjects to focus on for CSE?
The APSC exam has a vast syllabus, and candidates should focus on the following subjects:
- General Studies – This section includes topics such as Indian polity, history, geography, economics, science and technology, environment, etc.
- Optional Subjects – The candidate needs to choose one optional subject from a list of subjects such as sociology, geography, history, political science, etc.
- English and Assamese – The exam also tests the candidate’s language proficiency in English and Assamese.
The APSC exam is a highly competitive exam, and candidates need to prepare well to crack it. Therefore, APSC aspirants should focus on the subjects mentioned above. Additionally, they should also solve previous years’ question papers. Candidates must also take mock tests to improve their chances of success.