The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Civil Services exam. It serves as a gateway for civil services aspirants to various services like IAS, IFS, IPS, and IRS. Despite the tough nature of the exam lakhs of people apply to take the exam. In this article, we’ll delve into the required UPSC key documents for the UPSC online exam application. Also, the various stages of the IAS exam. Moreover, the UPSC CSE is held in three stages, with only online applications permitted through the official UPSC website. Therefore, the list of UPSC key documents is in accordance with CSE notifications. Explore here to know more.
UPSC Key Documents for the IAS Prelims exam
- A scanned photograph of the applicant
- Scanned signature of the applicant
- Government-issued photo ID cards such as Aadhaar Cards, Voter cards, PAN cards, Passports, and Driving licences. Also, any other photo ID card issued by the State/Central Government
- Details of the Photo ID card given by the candidate while filling out the online application form
- Scanned copy of the Photo ID card uploaded during the online application process
- The Photo ID card is for all future referencing. Therefore, the candidate should carry it to the examination/personality test.
It is important to note that candidates must upload UPSC key documents online during the application process, and no physical copies need to be sent to the UPSC. By ensuring that you have these documents ready, you can streamline your application process and increase your chances of success in the IAS Prelims exam.
UPSC Key Documents needed for Mains
Once you have cleared the UPSC prelims exam, you can apply for the mains exam, which requires you to upload certain documents during the Detailed Application Form (DAF) submission. These UPSC key documents include:
- Proof of age: Only matriculation or secondary school leaving certificate.
- Certificate of educational qualification: Your degree certificate awarded by the university or an equivalent qualification as recognized by the UPSC.
- EWS Certificate: Proof to avail of the EWS reservation.
- Certificate supporting OBC/SC/ST status (if applicable): Certificate issued by the District Officer/Sub-divisional Officer/any other officer as authorized by the government to issue such certificates of the district in which your parents reside. If the parents are not alive, then the district in which the applicant normally lives will apply.
- Disability certificate (if applicable): Certificate issued by a Medical Board constituted by the Central or State government.
- Documents supporting non-creamy layer OBC status (if applicable): Proof in support of service/landholding/status/income from different sources/property held by your parents in support of non-creamy layer OBC claim.
Additional certificates for UPSC Mains
- Certificate for proof of hailing from the north-eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya or Sikkim (if applicable): Issued by the same authority that issues caste certificate (OBC/SC/ST certificate).
- Undertaking for government servants (if applicable): Undertaking stating that you have intimated in writing to your Head of the Office/Department about you taking the UPSC CSE.
- J&K Domicile (if applicable): Issued by the District Magistrate under whose jurisdiction you had resided in J&K between 1 January 1980 and 31 December 1989.
- Disabled while in defence service (if applicable): Issued by the Director-General Resettlement, Ministry of Defence stating that you were disabled while in service and were discharged from duty on account of it.
- Certificate supporting age relaxation claim (if applicable): This includes the OBC/ST/SC status certificate and/or disability certificate and/or J&K domicile certificate and/or defence personnel certificate.
UPSC Key Documents for Personality Test
Candidates appearing for the UPSC Personality Test should bring the following UPSC key documents:
- Matriculation certificate (original and a self-attested photocopy) for proof of name and date of birth
- Degree certificate (original and a self-attested photocopy) for proof of educational qualification. If the degree certificate is not available from the university. The candidate should carry the provisional certificate or mark sheet.
- Print-out of the e-Summon Letter
- Government-issued photo ID card
- Two recent passport-size photographs, Candidates must self-attest at least one.
- Certificates in support of age relaxation (if applicable)
- For SC/ST candidates: Caste certificate (original and photocopy), PG degree or higher education certificates and mark sheets (original and photocopy), TA Form (two copies) proof of the journey, affidavit of minor discrepancies.
- For PH category candidates: Physically Handicapped Certificate (original and photocopy), DWE Certificate (for PH-I category candidates for extra 20 minutes in the mains written exam), age relaxation and PG degree or higher education certificates and mark sheets (original and photocopy), TA Form (two copies) plus proof of journey, affidavit in case of minor discrepancies in the name.
- Documents required for medical examination: 8-10 passport-size photographs, prescriptions or medical certificates that may be helpful for an eye check-up.